ASTRAY

 


Unilluminated, the sun is nowhere to be found

Once again, a day is done

Confused, is my existence supposed to be of misery

The absence of light is a mystery to me

 

I want this scenery to stay as it is

I want to stay and feel the breeze

I need to rest, yes, but this is where I’m at ease

Can’t I just do things as I please

 

Let me breathe, let me enjoy this sight

At the end of the day, it’s my own fight

I am eager to stand, though there’s uncertainty

Let me be, for once, spare me from this slavery

 

I am now free

The air is merely my plea

In this world that revolves around pleasure and money

My life is hardly comparable to a tree

 

She’s all free

The key lies within me

She now holds the waves of the sea

The waters are as calm as they should be

 

 

I am once again lost

Lost in the west coast

A cadaver is shoved in my throat

I am now again caught

 

In the gazes of the people around me

Neither mercy nor sympathy

All of this to me is unfair

Am I too deserving of this despair

 

I have not wronged anyone

I did what I knew, all for the moon

I’ve grown to be the sun, in my thoughts, at least

I’ve grown to be that person whose self is at least

 

Forgive me for I am again off the track

I was found but then again I’m all out of luck

Not even a second glance landed upon me

I’m sorry, I don’t think so, not really

 

I barely know what state I am in now

I have no clue; do I really need to bow

I’m exhausted, don’t I deserve even just a smile

Can I just sit and maybe, maybe rest for a while?

 

What a coward she is

Don’t blame her, all she wants is peace

It’s her fault after all

Let her lead her own soul


Comments

Popular Posts